NEW 2011 New Health Forms A,B & C

posted Apr 20, 2011, 8:53 PM by Delfino Velasco   [ updated Apr 20, 2011, 9:09 PM ]
There is a new health form to be used for Boy Scouts.  They seem to be changing this every year.  In any event, many of you will be going through the process over the next few months of getting an updated health form so that you can attend the High Adventure trip or Bear Creek.  Please use this form for any new health screenings.  If you have a health form that is still less than a year old, that form is still good.  Please make sure that you (adult and scout) get a physical using these forms before you go to High Adventure or Bear Creek.  Ray Slush collects these forms for the troop so, when you get one, please provide a copy to him.  Thanks,
Greg Surovic
Troop 814 Scoutmaster
Form can be found at the Alamo Area Council website or on our Troop Resources - Forms page. Below is the Annual Health Form policy for Alamo Area Council.  But to avoid any issues when using the form for a physical make sure that forms A, B, and C get filled out even if the scout or adult will not be attending Summer camp or High Adventure.

Alamo Area Council Policy

Annual Health and Medical Record
(Valid for 12 calendar months)
Policy on Use of the Annual Health and Medical Record
Parts A and B are to be completed at least annually by participants in all Scouting events. This health history,parental/guardian informed consent and hold harmless/release agreement, and talent release statement is to be completed by the participant and parents/guardians.
Part C is the physical exam that is required for participants in any event that exceeds 72 consecutive hours, for all high-adventure base participants, or when the nature of the activity is strenuous and demanding. Service projects or work weekends may fit this description. Part C is to be completed and signed by a certified and licensed health-care provider—physician (MD or DO), nurse practitioner, or physician assistant. It is important to note that the height/weight limits must be strictly adhered to when the event will take the unit more than 30 minutes away from an emergency vehicle–accessible roadway, or when the program requires it, such as
backpacking trips, high-adventure activities, and conservation projects in remote areas.
If you have already turned in the older health form or have done the Physical Exam dated from January – March that is OK. All new registered scouts or parents will need this new health form part A & B or C dated from now.